FULL-TIME LATERAL POSITION
The Village of Beecher is seeking applicants for a full-time Lateral Police Officer position.
Salary: $48,296 – $70,795
12 hour shifts, Pay based on years of experience. Health, dental, vision, O.T. and comp time opportunities, IMRF pension plan.
All applicants must meet the minimum requirements by the Village of Beecher:
- Illinois Board-certification required for lateral
- Must be 21 years of age
- No felony convictions Valid Driver’s License
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- High School Diploma/G.E.D.
- Binocular vision corrected to 20/30
- Possess exceptional communication skills
Submit application by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, May 25, 2022 to Village of Beecher, 625 Dixie Highway/PO Box 1154, Beecher, IL 60401 or to email@example.com
PART-TIME PUBLIC WORKS/SEASONAL WORKER
Summer position for Public Works. $14/hour, maximum of 1,000 hours per year. Responsibilities include assisting the Public Works department with mowing, general building maintenance, park maintenance, along with other various duties. Hours 6:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., Monday thru Friday, through the end of summer. Interested candidates can download application below or pick up at Beecher Village Hall, 625 Dixie Highway. Submit application to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off at Village Hall by 4:00 p.m. on May 14th.
PART-TIME POLICE OFFICER
The part-time position involves a variety of police duties including maintaining law and order, preserving peace, preventing crime, apprehending offenders, recovering lost/stolen property, and maintaining custody of prisoners. This position does not advance to a full-time police officer position. There is a separate application and testing process for full-time police officers.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- Preference will given to candidates who have graduated from a State of Illinois basic recruit academy and meets requirements for Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board for Certified Police Officer
- Must not have been convicted of a felony or certain misdemeanors, as defined by State Statute
- Must participate in and successfully complete all stages of the testing process, which may include but not limited to: oral interview, polygraph examination, extensive background investigation and post offer physical/drug test
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- Twenty-one years of age or older
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays
Wage: 21/hr. Standard shift is 12hr in length but can vary
Applications are available HERE
or picked up from Village Hall, 625 Dixie Highway Beecher, IL 60401
Completed applications should be returned to the Village Hall or to email@example.com
Application Deadline: Open