BRUSH COLLECTION PROGRAM RULES
Brush collection begins the first Tuesday in April and ends the last Tuesday in September each year. Brush pick-up will occur every Tuesday during those months. (Special brush pick-ups may occur other times of the year in the event of storm damage.)
To ensure your brush is collected by the Village, you are asked to follow the rules below:
- Brush bundles are to be placed out to the roadside by 6:30 a.m. on collection day. Brush put out the same day of pick-up is not guaranteed to be collected that week.
- Grass clippings, leaves, stones or mulch mixed with brush WILL NOT BE PICKED UP. Grass clippings, leaves, thorns and mulch should be disposed of in yard waste bags. Absolutely NO root balls on bushes or shrubs, as this will damage the equipment.
- Brush bundles should not exceed 4’ wide x 4’ tall x 6’ long and there must be 2’ between each pile if more than one bundle is to be picked up.
- Brush is to be stacked in bundles in a neat manner. If brush is not stacked in a neat manner, it will NOT be picked up. All cut ends are to face street in the same direction.
- All smaller brush piles shall be tied with twine or placed in cans for the crew to dump into chipper. The machine will be damaged if any other material is used other than twine.
- Brush pick-up is intended for branches removed during routine trimming or due to storm damage. Entire trees that have been taken down by a resident or private contractor will NOT be picked up by the Village.
These rules are set in place to provide an efficient and cost effective brush collection program for Village residents. Any questions about this program should be directed to the Village Hall. Thank you for your cooperation!