PART-TIME POLICE OFFICER
This part-time position involves a variety of police duties including maintaining law and order, preserving peace, preventing crime, apprehending offenders, recovering lost/stolen property, and maintaining custody of prisoners. Providing security and patrol duties, including directing traffic, event security, and other duties as required. This position does not advance to a full-time police officer position.
There is a separate application and testing process for full-time police officers.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- Preference will be given to candidates who have graduated from a State of Illinois basic recruit academy and meet the requirements set by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board for Certified Police Officers. Candidates will not be considered if convicted of a felony or certain misdemeanors, as defined by statute. Must participate in and successfully complete all stages of the testing process, which may include but not limited to: oral interview, polygraph examination, extensive background investigation and post offer physical/drug test.
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- Twenty-one years of age or older
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
Wage: 20/hour. Application Deadline: Open
Applications may be picked up from Village Hall, 625 Dixie Highway Beecher, IL 60401, or downloaded from link below. Return application to Village Hall.