NOW HIRING – POLICE OFFICER – LATERAL
The Village of Beecher is seeking applicants for full-time Lateral Police Officer position. Beecher is located in eastern Will County next to the Lake County, Indiana border with a population of 4713.
Great opportunity for Illinois and out of state officers to apply!
Salary range: $59,512.00 – $77,308.00
12 hour shifts, every other weekend off
O.T. and comp time opportunities
Pay based on years of experience
EXCELLENT BENEFITS – IMRF Pension, Blue Cross Health Plan, Delta Dental and VSP vision
All applicants must meet the minimum requirements by the Village of Beecher:
- Illinois Board-certification or ability to attain certification
- Must be 21 years of age
- No felony convictions
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- High School Diploma/G.E.D.
- Binocular vision corrected to 20/30
- Possess exceptional communication skills
Submit applications to [email protected] or drop off at 625 Dixie Hwy, Beecher, IL
All individuals meeting eligibility requirements are encouraged to continue with the application process. All applications are subject to the Rules and Regulations of the Village of Beecher, which is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
PART-TIME POLICE OFFICER
The part-time position involves a variety of police duties including maintaining law and order, preserving peace, preventing crime, apprehending offenders, recovering lost/stolen property, and maintaining custody of prisoners.
This position does not advance to a full-time police officer position. There is a separate application and testing process for full-time police officers.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- Preference will given to candidates who have graduated from a State of Illinois basic recruit academy and meets requirements for Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board for Certified Police Officer
- Must not have been convicted of a felony or certain misdemeanors, as defined by State Statute
- Must participate in and successfully complete all stages of the testing process, which may include but not limited to: oral interview, polygraph examination, extensive background investigation and post offer physical/drug test
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- Twenty-one years of age or older
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays
Standard shift is 12hr in length but can vary
Applications available here
or can be picked up at Village Hall, 625 Dixie Highway Beecher, IL 60401
Completed applications should be returned to the Village Hall or to [email protected]
Application Deadline: Open