CANDIDATES RUNNING FOR VILLAGE OFFICE ON APRIL 6, 2021
VILLAGE PRESIDENT – 4-YEAR TERM
(2 candidates for 1 seat)
Ronald Steven Mazurek
VILLAGE TRUSTEE – 4 -YEAR TERM
(3 candidates for 3 seats)
Roger S. Stacey
VILLAGE TRUSTEE 2-YEAR TERM
(1 candidate for 1 seat)
VILLAGE APPROVES UPDATED TRUANCY ORDINANCE
ORDINANCE #1343 – An Ordinance pertaining to Truancy in the Village of Beecher
A local ordinance has been established amending truancy and parental responsibility. The changes to the Truancy Ordinance encompasses remote learning. Prior to the addition there was no student accountability for their attendance or completion of assignments.
Under the Parental Responsibility Ordinance it deters parents or guardians from knowingly or negligently permitting or causing a student under the age of 19 to be truant. The intent of these changes were not created to punish the students but to seek compliance. A full version of the ordinances can be found by clicking on the Ordinance link above.
PART-TIME POLICE OFFICER
This part-time position involves a variety of police duties including maintaining law and order, preserving peace, preventing crime, apprehending offenders, recovering lost/stolen property, and maintaining custody of prisoners. Providing security and patrol duties, including directing traffic, event security, and other duties as required. This position does not advance to a full-time police officer position.
There is a separate application and testing process for full-time police officers.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- Preference will be given to candidates who have graduated from a State of Illinois basic recruit academy and meet the requirements set by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board for Certified Police Officers. Candidates will not be considered if convicted of a felony or certain misdemeanors, as defined by statute. Must participate in and successfully complete all stages of the testing process, which may include but not limited to: oral interview, polygraph examination, extensive background investigation and post offer physical/drug test.
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- Twenty-one years of age or older
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
Wage: 20/hour. Application Deadline: Open
Applications may be picked up from Village Hall, 625 Dixie Highway Beecher, IL 60401, or downloaded from link below. Return application to Village Hall.
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION HERE
DID YOU KNOW…
The Village provides a number of ways for residents to make payments and do business with us:
- CALL US at 708-946-2261
- VILLAGE HALL LOBBY is open (face covering required)
- DRIVE THRU WINDOW on back of Village Hall
- EPAY SYSTEM for online payment of water bills, building permits, etc. (No convenience fee!)
- DROP BOX ON FRONT OF BUILDING: Located just outside the front doors of the Village Hall.
- NEW DROP BOX ON BACK OF BUILDING: Located just past our drive thru window. You can stay inside your vehicle and drop your payment in the mail slot!
GET INFO ONLINE:
- DOCUMENT CENTER on our website includes information on applying for building permits, signing up for automatic utility (water) billing payments, golf cart registration forms, etc.
- “RESIDENTS” MENU ITEM on our website includes water/sewer rates, Village Services, Newsletters, etc.
- FACEBOOK PAGE for current information and important updates